Who we are
forumZFD supports people involved in conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence. forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany as well as ten other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates civil peace policy. forumZFD is recognised by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
In Lebanon, forumZFD has been working since 2009. The 16 local and international staff members are working in three different program areas: Capacity Development, Community Mobilising and Dealing with the Past. Together with its partners, forumZFD jointly develops local capacities within civil society and supports their projects for non-violent conflict transformation.
Your tasks and responsibilities
As a project manager your main focus will be on implementing a specific project on playback theatre as a means for conflict transformation and community organizing. The project comprises three partner organisations who relate to your position on a managerial level. The forumZFD project manager is tasked with communicating, strategizing, monitoring, evaluating and adjusting the implementation (project cycle management) during the first year. Depending on the result of this cooperation in the first phase a second phase will be designed in collaboration with the partner organisations.
The main tasks include:
- Develop, implement and follow-up cooperation processes with partners,
- Execute monitoring and evaluation of outputs, outcomes and strategies according to forumZFD Lebanon procedure and timeline,
- Planning and Managing the budget for the partner processes,
- Administration of the allocated funds in accordance with forumZFD’s rules and regulations,
- Partner mapping, contracting and fostering partners relations
- Lead cooperation with project coordinator, partners and freelancers
- Process consultation on Conflict Transformation, Peacebuilding, Violence Reduction and Community Mobilising & Organising and Community-based art approaches
- Assessing training needs, and conceptualising trainings on Peacebuilding, Conflict Transformation, Community Mobilising & Organising and Art-driven Conflict Transformation.
And other tasks as agreed with the Head of Programme.
- Project management experience required, including financial and administrative management
- Experience with Community Activism and Community Organising-approaches required
- Experience in implementing art-based interventions or in participating in community-driven art
- Experience in utilizing art for Conflict Transformation, social change or related fields
- Trauma sensitivity an asset
- Coaching or mentoring skills an asset
- Ability to work under and cope with stress
- A good understanding of psychosocial needs
- Inclusive collaboration
- Stakeholder engagement
- Leadership skills
- Fluency in Arabic and English
- Competent in the use of IT applications,
- Driving licence and experience;
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working from 15th November 2020.
Please send your application (letter of motivation and CV) to email@example.com latest by 5th October 2020. Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview at our office in Badaro, Taleb Hobeiche street between 19th and 23rd October. In case of any questions, please feel free to contact Amanda Löwenberg at lowenberg@forumZFD.de. Please find further information about our organisation and our assignments online at www.forumZFD.de. Our work in Lebanon is documented at http://lebanon.forumzfd.org/. This job advertisement as well as further employment postings can be viewed at www.forumZFD.de/jobs
We are looking forward to your application!