Early-career researchers from the Philippines now have the chance to participate in an all-catered for Talent Program in the run-up to the conference. The Research Talent Program aims to strengthen the capacity of approximately 15 up-and-coming researchers to conduct high quality research in conflict-sensitive journalism and bring new academic insights, rooted in the Philippines, to the international stage.
Apply now for the Research Talent Program. Application deadline for the Talent Program is July 21, 2019. Apply here
(please note that for the Research Talent Program, you conduct the research during the Program. You do not need a completed research to apply)
You are invited to attend the open Kick-Off Event "On CSJ - Abstract Writeshop" Write-Shop, held June 28, 2019 in Davao City, as run-up to the program. Please note that participation in this workshop is not obliged for selection, though encouraged. Click here for more information.
The Talent Program is for those early-career researchers who aspire to conduct research on CSJ, but face obstacles in making this research a reality. Through a series of activities, selected participants will be accompanied in conducting research, which they eventually can present to the wider public at the conference.
The CSJ Research Talent Program consists of the following components:
- Write-Shop I - “Introduction to Conflict-Sensitive Journalism and Research” - 24-25 August or 31-1 September, at University of Mindanao (Davao);
- Write-Shop II - “Presenting your Research” (title tbc) - September 28-29 or 5-6 October, at Ateneno de Davao University;
- The opportunity to consult academics and practitioners in the field during the research process;
- The possibility of applying for a small research grant;
- and, eventually, a sponsorship to participate in the “On Conflict-Sensitive Journalism” Conference.
After the Conference, selected papers will be published in an academic publication.
The program will be open to approximately 15 researchers, who will be selected from the Call for Abstracts. Application for the Research Talent Program will be open for Philippine early-career researchers, being:
- MA and BA Media Educators;
- Media practitioners;
- Staff members of media-focused civil society;
- Bachelor and Master students in Communication or other relevant fields of study.
Apply now for the Talent Program. Application deadline for the Talent Program is July 21, 2019. Apply here