forumZFD supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence. forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany as well as ten other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates civil peace policy. forumZFD is recognized by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
In Lebanon, forumZFD has been working since 2009. The 18 local and international staff members are working in three different thematic areas: Capacity Development, Community Mobilizing and Dealing with the Past. Together with its partners, forumZFD jointly develops local capacities within civil society and supports their projects for non-violent conflict transformation.
The main objective is to develop a document outlining security SOPs for risks that forumZFD staff may face in the course of their work (e.g. shooting, fire, explosion, bombing, etc.). The consultant is expected to align the SOPs with the Local Security Plan.
The consultant is expected to come up with a final proposal for the methodology of the expected product. However, at a minimum, the methodology should include:
- Conduct desk review of relevant Security and Risk Management documents owned by forumZFD;
- Hold Key Informant Interviews (KII’s) with forumZFD staff in Lebanon and key personnel in HO;
- Design and development of SOPs that contain relevant and realistic SOPs for forumZFD staff to consult;
- Delivery of final report;
- Deliver training on SOPs to forumZFD Lebanon staff.
Applicants are requested to submit a budget with itemizing the expenses especially the daily rate of and days needed to perform the proposed consultants in- and outputs.
- Experienced security professional with 5-10 years of experience in local law enforcement, private security, and/or security consulting
- Demonstrated experience developing security products protocols oriented to NGOs and INGOs
- Extensive knowledge of all regions of Lebanon
- Extensive knowledge of different security networks in Lebanon
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic
- Fluency in spoken and written English
How to Apply?
If interested, please submit your CV, motivation letter, and technical and financial proposal to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For clarifications on the task and the process, applicants are welcome to contact Hussein Abdel Wahed, Local Security Focal Point of forumZFD Lebanon, (email@example.com).
We are looking forward to your application!