Project Officer Jerusalem, ISR/PSE
Women’s networking and capacity building
We are looking for a Project Officer to join our dedicated team in Jerusalem starting as soon as possible.
Who we are
forumZFD is an International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO), established in 1996. We are working in the field of conflict transformation in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia.
Located in Jerusalem, forumZFD’s regional office works on both sides of the Green Line since 1999. We seek eye-level partnerships with local civil society including NGOs, grassroots organizations, social movements, activists and artists. Together we implement projects and activities in the fields of organizational development, community organizing and, media for social change. Our cooperation with partners is always needs-based and multidirectional: in some projects we contribute our know-how, in other projects our partner brings the expertise. This way, we share responsibilities, knowledge, and resources. Within this framework, it is our vision to strengthen civil society actors and to contribute to a critical mass that challenges fragmentation and promotes inclusive narratives.
forumZFD is recognized by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium.
Your tasks and responsibilities
forumZFD implements conflict transformation projects in development and humanitarian contexts. The programs are often multi-sectoral with clear peacebuilding components and approaches. The project officer will bring demonstrable women’s networking and peace building skills & knowledge to the role.
The primary purpose of the Project Officer’s role is to support projects which link to addressing societal fragmentation in the forumZFD regional program where design, implementation and reporting of activities are carried out effectively and in line with best practice and donor requirements. They will support in the assurance that projects are coordinated internally and with other stakeholders. The main areas of responsibility are project support, technical support, contribute to project planning, capacity building, training including supporting in training curriculum development, and reporting. The post holder will also support in the application of M&E methodologies.
Specific tasks include:
- Support the program team in the implementation and facilitation of projects that have a strong focus on community organizing and capacity development of women groups, women networks, and partners in Palestine
- Strong familiarity of networking with women activists and women groups and coordinate with partners within the region concerning coalition-building and peacebuilding initiatives
- Carry out activities in coordination with project team members to reach its set outputs
- Contribute to documents and reports on project activities
- Support in budget related aspects of the project and be responsible for payments where indicated, as well as procurements in close cooperation with the Finance and Admin Manager
- Support in the annual planning of the country program
- Support in HO communications materials for international awareness raising efforts
- Fulfill administrative and other related tasks as assigned by project manager or the Regional Director
- Degree in social sciences, peacebuilding, gender studies, international development or other relevant fields.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in project implementation work, preferably within the peacebuilding cooperation context.
- Demonstrated experience in community organizing with women’s groups and networks and a good understanding of peacebuilding programs
- Good report writing skills in English
- Professional working proficiency in English and Arabic; Hebrew language skills desirable.
- Relevant understanding in working with M&E tools, including activity indicators and project outputs
- Demonstrated community organizing background, utilizing creative, participatory, and conflict sensitive approaches
- Strong experience in facilitating workshops, training, and capacity building
- Experience in working with multi-cultural teams and a good ability to work independently as well as in cooperation with team members
- A high level of personal efficiency and an ability to balance multiple tasks
- Valid driver’s license and at least 1 year of driving experience is an advantage
- A strong commitment to forumZFD’s values and operating principles
- Demonstrated commitment to peace and the effort to work toward vibrant civil societies
- Sensitive to issues of gender and marginalized groups
- Proactive and emotionally mature with the ability to adapt to varying situations
- Creative and works with a participatory approach
- Team player and a capacity builder
- Honest and a strong sense of integrity
- Exhibit patience and persistence to develop relationships with different stakeholders
- High standard of professionalism
- An attractive position with annual term contract applicable to be extended
- Possibility of further qualification and professional growth
- Friendly working atmosphere where team spirit is held in high regard
Who is eligible?
Israeli and Palestinian citizens or national ID holders.
Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 19, 2021.
For further information about forumZFD check out our website at https://www.forumzfd.de/en and
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
|End of Job Application|