Position / Title: Project Officer
Duty Station: Cotabato City (forumZFD – Cotabato Project Office)
Estimated Starting Date: 01 August 2020
Term of Employment: 01 August 2020 to 31 December 2020 – with option to extend
forumZFD (Forum Ziviler Friedensdienst / Forum Civil Peace Service) is a German non-profit and non-governmental organization established in 1996. It is sustained by 38 member organizations and more than 150 individual members in Germany aiming at raising awareness for the approaches of non-violent conflict transformation and at creating and strengthening instruments and methods for nonviolent conflict transformation.
forumZFD is based in Germany, with presence of program offices in Serbia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Northern Macedonia, Kosovo, Ukraine, Lebanon, Israel & Palestine, Jordan, Northern Iraq, Cambodia, and the Philippines. Present in Mindanao since 2008, forumZFD maintains a program office in Davao City, area offices in Davao City, Butuan City and Cotabato City. All programs and projects seek to address causes of conflicts around protracted economic, social and cultural marginalization through skills trainings, work with networks and media, studies, organizing platforms for dialogues and other events.
One of the key efforts of forumZFD's team in Cotabato City is the Peace Radio Program,
Bangsamoro Ngayon: Tinig ng Kapayapaan (Bangsamoro Today: The Voice of Peace). This is a 1-hour weekly program run by the Kutawato Multimedia Network (KuMuNet) and forumZFD. ForumZFD also conducts community consultations and capacity building on Nonviolent Conflict Transformation (NVCT) among traditional leaders. Since 2018, forumZFD has engaged the youth (Senior High School) sector in its peacebuilding efforts that led to the formation of the Responsible Young Leaders’ Organization (RYLO) which is composed of senior high school students from different academic institutions in Cotabato City and Maguindanao.
Under the overall supervision of the forumZFD Country Director, the successful candidate will be directly accountable to the Project Manager. As part of the team implementing forumZFD’s overall Conflict Transformation program, s/he will work in direct cooperation and collaboration with and provide support to other team members and partner organizations.
- To assume the role as adviser and coordinator of RYLO, through its duly elected President, with the Department of Education (DepEd), academic institutions, and forumZFD by means of constant accompaniment and engagement with the organization;
- review consolidated studies and research on youth participation and engagement on social issues and decision-making processes;
- together with RYLO, DepEd and the concerned school heads, design strategic activities that are anchored on forumZFD outcome;
- to network and facilitate linkages among and between but not limited to NGOs, academe, CSOs and youth groups, organizations and youth-serving organizations on related interventions and activities;
- to take the lead and facilitate the conduct of training-workshops and other identified interventions related to and in support of RYLO and among the youth and students;
- together with the program and other project teams, install a monitoring and evaluation system for youth-related projects under implementation;
- collaborate with other forumZFD project teams in the implementation of the overall nonviolent conflict transformation program; and
- accomplish other tasks requested by Cotabato Office Project Manager related to the fulfillment of goals and objectives of forumZFD Cotabato project.
- At least 2 years experience in peacebuilding work and basic knowledge of conflict transformation methodology;
- excellent research, facilitation and communication skills;
- basic knowledge of PCVE methodology and of the Bangsamoro peace process;
- knowledge of and experience in working with youths aged 15-35;
- at least a Bachelor's degree in social sciences, communication technology or any other related fields;
- demonstrated experience in project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- ability to work effectively and inclusively with people from different cultural backgrounds, various hierarchical levels and with different viewpoints;
- willingness to work in an international organization, in a multicultural working team with regular travels outside of Cotabato City.
Distinct advantages would be:
- Competency and practical experience in media and communications related engagements;
- experience in working with civil society and academic institutions;
- detailed knowledge of the Bangsamoro peace process;
- flexibility in dealing with various types (behavioral) of young leaders
- has youth networks in BARMM region
- able to deal with DepEd’s SSG advisers and school principals
- valid license and driving experience is an asset.
Please send your application letter, curriculum vitae including references and photo (any size) via email to forumZFD Cotabato Project Manager, Mohaledin Ross Dimaukom, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is July 10, 2020. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified via email and / or phone and will be scheduled for an interview.
|End of Job Application|