We are looking for a Project Manager to join our dedicated team in Jerusalem starting 1st of February 2020.
We offer an attractive position with responsibilities for a minimum of two to three years in a growing organization. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course. As the position is based on the German Development Aid Workers Act (EhfG), it is restricted to citizens of the EU and Switzerland. The position is remunerated according to the provisions of this law, including comprehensive social security benefits and financial reintegration assistance upon return.
Working for forumZFD, you will be engaged within the innovative field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding through contributing your ideas and skills.
Your tasks and responsibilities
Project Manager you are supporting coalition building processes in Israel and Palestine. The goal is to support local partner organisations in their efforts to overcome social cleavages and to build or support networks within their own society.
a non-partisan specialist, you will use your expertise in grassroots work engaging partner organisations in participatory processes to enhance their effectiveness and sustainability (e.g. by strategic non-violent action).
The independent organization of workshops and trainings as well as accompanying and facilitating learning processes also belong to your area of responsibility.
- Min. of 3 years of professional experience as a social worker, community organizer or a profession with relevant overlaps to the job advertised;
- Practical experience in working with volunteers and non-formalized organisations (on grassroots level); working experience with traumatized communities is an asset;
- Experience in independent planning, initiation and implementation of cooperation projects with NGOs;
- Strong social competence, capacity for teamwork and ability to integrate quickly into daily project routine; strong ability to think strategically and conceptually;
- Physical and psychological stability and intercultural sensitivity to work and live in a complex society;
- Fluent English (project language) spoken and written is expected, Arabic and/or Hebrew are an asset;
- Driving license and experience;
- EU citizenship is required for this position.
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working on 1st of February 2020 (preparation courses, followed by at least two to three years’ work within the project with the option of extension).
Please apply online (letter of motivation and CV) latest by 17th of November 2019.
An assessment centre as part of the selection process is planned to be scheduled on December 9th-12th. In case of any questions, please feel free to contact Mr Christian Gülisch at guelisch@forumZFD.de.
Please find further information about our organisation and our assignments online at www.forumZFD.de. This job advertisement as well as further employment postings can be viewed at www.forumZFD.de/jobs
We are looking forward to your application!
|End of Job Application|