We are looking for a Project Manager to lead our
dedicated team in Davao. Starting 1st of August 2019.
We offer an attractive position with responsibilities for a minimum of two to three years (with the option of extension) in a growing organization. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course. As the position is based on the German Development Aid Workers Act (EhfG), it is restricted to citizens of the EU and Switzerland. The position is remunerated according to the provisions of this law, including comprehensive social security benefits and financial reintegration assistance upon return.
Working for forumZFD, you will be engaged within the innovative field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding through contributing your ideas and skills.
Your tasks and responsibilities
As Project Manager you will be responsible for the content, financial, administrative, and personnel management of the project activities implemented by the Davao office. In cooperation with colleagues of the further programme offices in Cotabato and Butuan, the programme team, and with local partners, you and your team will efficiently contribute to the civil conflict transformation and peacebuilding in Mindanao. Your work will concentrate on three levels of engagement with key actors and constituencies in the Philippines: engagement with Mindanao-wide and national issues, particularly policies concerning the broader peace and conflict situation in Mindanao; working with the higher education sector on integrating various peace education and education for peace approaches in curricula; and grassroots communities in the Davao administrative region on strengthening capacities for conflict transformation on a local level and on strengthening marginalized groups in the context of resource conflicts.
- Provide leadership to a project team comprised of local and international staff;
- work together with Higher Education Institutions in Mindanao, and subsequent partner-teachers, for an integrated approach to advance peace education in curricula, i.e. integrating Conflict-Sensitive Journalism, introducing peace issues in political science and promoting Mindanao history;
- develop and organise activities (e.g. workshops, trainings, dialogue programmes, and public fora) and projects with diverse local partners.
- Expand and maintain contacts and professional networks consisting of civil society organisations and governmental institutions;
- implement internal planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems (PM&E) and knowledge management in collaboration with the PM&E coordinator and the country director;
- contribute to fundraising and public relations activities of forumZFD;
- represent the organisation to key actors (Philippine government institutions, civil society and other non-state actors, and other international organisations);
- participate in the organisational development processes of forumZFD in the Philippines and across programmes (e.g. participating in thematic working groups, etc.).
- Completed university degree, e.g. Social Sciences, Political Science, Peace and Conflict Studies, Peace Education, Social Work;
- qualification as specialist in methods of nonviolent/civil conflict transformation (or similar knowledge);
- know-how in human resource management and staff supervision, financial controlling and reporting system;
- extensive experience in peace education/education for peace, including knowledge on the development of teaching materials, training of teachers, and integrating peace subjects in relevant curricula. Additional experience in one or more of the following thematic fields is an asset: training, networking, civil-society-oriented accompaniment of peace processes, resource conflicts, gender, mediation, working with media, designing dialogue procedures, transitional justice;
- affinity with the accompaniment of complex (dialogue) processes including creative and sensitive trial and implementation of new approaches;
- experience in impact-oriented project planning, monitoring and evaluation
- strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, ability to work in teams and intercultural sensitivity for working and living in complex communities;
- ability to cope with ambiguity and the psychological strains of living in a conflict-affected area;
- several years of international experience in development cooperation and peace building abroad (desirably in the Philippines or in another country in Southeast Asia);
- willingness to travel frequently and adjust to flexible working hours (weekends, workload peaks);
- fluency in English (project language) both spoken and written, willingness to learn a new language;
- sound knowledge of common computer applications and social media, knowledge of Open Office applications desirable.
Willingness to travel partly through areas in which safety rules have to be observed due to security risks, is expected.
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working on 1st of August 2019 (preparation courses, followed by at least two to three years’ work within the project with the option of extension).
Please apply online (letter of motivation and CV) latest by 23rd of June 2019.
An assessment centre as part of the selection process is planned to be scheduled on July 07th-09th. In case of any questions, please feel free to contact Mr Sven Reuter at reuter@forumZFD.de.
We are looking forward to your application!
|End of Job Application|