We are looking for a Project Manager to lead our
dedicated team in Butuan. Starting 1st of August 2019.
We offer an attractive position with responsibilities for a minimum of two to three years (with the option of extension) in a growing organization. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course. As the position is based on the German Development Aid Workers Act (EhfG), it is restricted to citizens of the EU and Switzerland. The position is remunerated according to the provisions of this law, including comprehensive social security benefits and financial reintegration assistance upon return.
Working for forumZFD, you will be engaged within the innovative field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding through contributing your ideas and skills.
Your tasks and responsibilities
As Project Manager you will be responsible for the content-related, financial, administrative, and personnel management of the Butuan office in the Caraga Region of Northeast Mindanao. The Caraga Region is characterised by a complex conflict situation, involving armed conflict between the the New People’s Army (NPA) and the Armed Forces of the Philippines, the presence of large-scale resource extraction activities (mining, logging, plantations), and indigenous peoples’ rights concerns. In cooperation with colleagues of the further programme offices – Cotabato and Davao – and in cooperation with local partners, you and your team will efficiently contribute to the civil conflict transformation and peacebuilding in the Caraga Region. The focus of your work is the strengthening of local capacities for conflict transformation dealing with conflicts connected to natural resource management, strengthening of marginalized groups, in particular indigenous peoples, in the context of asymmetric resource conflicts, and to strengthen a peace constituency in Caraga. Maintaining and extending the contact to local partner organizations and the partner network will be a core element of your work. Beside this, you will be responsible for the implementation of existing, and the designing of new project activities. The continuous planning and monitoring of your project will be a further central task.
- Provide overall management and leadership to the project in Butuan in a team with two local project officers and one financial administrator;
- design and organise of activities (e.g. workshops, trainings and training series, consultations, conferences/open forums/round tables, preparation of teaching materials), together with local partners;
- consult and support local partners in the development and implementation of a regional peace strategy for the transformation of resource conflicts;
- work with local, national, and international partners on expanding a peace constituency in Caraga and the Philippines to address recource conflicts and advocate for the continuation of the peace process between the NPA and Government of the Philippines, the longest-running communist insurgency in the world;
- Observe and analyse current regional and local conflict dynamics;
- implement internal planning, monitoring, and evaluation (PM&E) systems;
- reflect on and document experiences and “lessons learned” out of activities and projects, for internal documentation and evaluation;
- contribute to the fundraising and public relations activities of forumZFD.
- Completed university degree, e.g. Social Anthropology, Social Sciences, Political Sciences, Peace and Conflict Studies, Social Work;
- qualification as specialist in methods of nonviolent/civil conflict transformation (or similar knowledge);
- know-how in human resource management and staff supervision, financial controlling and reporting system;
- extensive experience in working with indigenous communities and/or natural resource-based conflicts. Additional experience in one or more of the following thematic fields is an asset: training, networking, civil-society-oriented accompaniment of peace processes, gender, mediation, working with media, designing dialogue procedures, transitional justice;
- affinity with the accompaniment of complex (dialogue) processes including creative and sensitive trial and implementation of new approaches;
- experience in impact-oriented project planning, monitoring and evaluation
- strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, ability to work in teams and intercultural sensitivity for working and living in complex communities;
- ability to cope with ambiguity and the psychological strains of living in a conflict-affected area and isolation;
- several years of international experience in development cooperation and peace building abroad (desirably in the Philippines or in another country in Southeast Asia);
- willingness to travel frequently and adjust to flexible working hours (weekends, workload peaks);
- fluency in English (project language) both spoken and written, willingness to learn a new language;
- sound knowledge of common computer applications and social media, knowledge of Open Office applications desirable.
Willingness to travel partly through areas in which safety rules have to be observed due to security risks, is expected.
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working on 1st of August 2019 (preparation courses, followed by at least two to three years’ work within the project with the option of extension).
Please apply online (letter of motivation and CV) latest by 23rd of June 2019.
An assessment centre as part of the selection process is planned to be scheduled on July 07th-09th. In case of any questions, please feel free to contact Mr Sven Reuter at reuter@forumZFD.de.
We are looking forward to your application!
|End of Job Application|