Project Manager (m/w/d) for the field of “Dealing with the Past”
in Odesa, Ukraine
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our dedicated team
in Ukraine starting on 01 March 2019
Who we are
forumZFD supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence. forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany as well as ten other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates civil peace policy. forumZFD is recognised by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
Currently, forumZFD in Ukraine operates through its programme offices in Kyiv and Odesa and works with Ukrainian partners in the fields of civil conflict transformation and peace building.
Your tasks and responsibilities
You will be part of a new programme that has been recently developed and will be implemented in cooperation with partner organisations and local actors in Odesa and the region.
As Project Manager you will contribute to the implementation and further development of forumZFD programme in Ukraine, especially within the field of Dealing with the Past. Under the overall supervision of the Programme Director, you will be working closely with a national team consisting of a Project Officer and a Programme Assistant to support partner organisations, operating within different communities across Odesa region, through field work and technical advice.
Your main tasks will include designing tools, methods and activities in the area of Dealing with the Past, designing and delivering training, and coaching of partners. You will support the planning and implementation of project activities in the area of Dealing with the Past, which is one programmatic focus of forumZFD in Ukraine. This will also include project documentation and presentation, and internal knowledge-management processes.
Specific tasks include
- Plan, design and organize, in cooperation with partners, workshops, training courses and other activities regarding the implementation of the programme DwP component
- Plan, implement, and monitor the effect of activities related to the programme component Dealing with the Past (DwP).
- Support the development of teaching aids (manuals) and other publications related to DwP; raise awareness among the public for the necessity of developing an inclusive culture of remembrance.
- Support networking of national NGOs and other stakeholders (from science, academia, politics, etc.) in the working field of DwP in an inclusive and non-biased manner.
- Develop content and concepts of the programme component DwP.
- Identify new target groups that are involved in a dialogue about history and remembrance and assist them in addressing the effects of history’s interpretation on current conflicts in Ukraine.
- A degree in social sciences, peace and conflict studies, or other relevant discipline.
- A minimum 3 years of experience in the fields of DwP and/or Transitional Justice especially in the culture of remembrance.
- Professional experience with civil peace service and/or development assistance.
- Knowledge of methods of nonviolent/civil conflict resolution, especially in dialogue facilitation.
- Project management experience, coupled with some knowledge of PME methods and processes.
- Experience in independent planning, initiation and implementation of co-operation projects with local partners.
- Experience in designing concepts for training courses, workshops, seminars and other events involving diverse partners and stakeholders.
- Strong social competence, team player able to integrate quickly into daily project routine; strong ability to think strategically and conceptually;
- Physical and psychological stability and strong intercultural sensitivity to work in a diverse team and live in a complex local context;
- Sound IT skills;
- Fluent English both spoken and written is a must. Knowledge of Russian and/or Ukrainian would be welcome but not obligatory.
- Driving license and experience;
- EU or Swiss citizenship is required for this position.
We offer an attractive position with responsibilities for a minimum of two to three years in a growing organization. As the position is based on the German Development Aid Workers Act (EhfG), it is restricted to citizens of the EU and Switzerland. The position is remunerated according to the provisions of this law, including comprehensive social security benefits and financial reintegration assistance upon return. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course.
Working for forumZFD, you will work within the innovative field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding through contributing your ideas and skills.
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working on 01 March 2019 (preparation courses, followed by at least two to three years’ work within the project with the option of extension).
Please apply online at www.forumzfd.de/jobs/UKR_DwP (letter of motivation and CV) latest by 10 December 2018.
An assessment center as part of the selection process is planned to be scheduled 22-24 January 2019 In case of any questions, please feel free to contact Ms. Leandra Müller at lmueller@forumZFD.de.
Please find further information about our organisation and our assignments online at www.forumZFD.de
This job advertisement as well as further employment postings can be viewed at www.forumZFD.de/jobs
We are looking forward to your application!
|End of Job Application|