We are looking for a Project Manager to join our dedicated team in Jerusalem starting 1st of February 2020.
We offer an attractive position with responsibilities for a minimum of two to three years in a growing organization. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course. As the position is based on the German Development Aid Workers Act (EhfG), it is restricted to citizens of the EU. The position is remunerated according to the provisions of this law, including comprehensive social security benefits and financial reintegration assistance upon return.
Working for forumZFD, you will be engaged within the innovative field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding through contributing your ideas and skills.
Your tasks and responsibilities
As Project Manager your goal is to further develop outreach strategies to support active actors in Israel and Palestine in developing and strengthening their outreach activities.
As a non-partisan specialist, you will use your expertise in journalism and social media to continue existing cooperations and to attract new partners. The independent organization of workshops and trainings also belong to your area of responsibility.
Within a small program team, you will furthermore assume the role of the focal person for the cooperation between forumZFD’s head office in Cologne and the program in Jerusalem. In this role you will contribute to the public representation of project and partner activities and develop strategic communication content and advocacy campaigns to target different stakeholders in Israel/ Palestine and in Germany.
- Min. 3 years of professional experience in strategic campaigning and advocacy work or professional experience in a field with relevant overlaps to the job advertised;
- Experience in independent planning, initiation and implementation of co-operation projects with activists, networks, movements and/or NGOs;
- Strong social competence, capacity for teamwork and ability to integrate quickly into daily project routine; strong ability to think strategically and conceptually;
- Physical and psychological stability and intercultural sensitivity to work and live in a complex society;
- Fluent English (project language) spoken and written is expected, Arabic and/or Hebrew are an asset;
- Driving license and experience;
- EU citizenship is required for this position.
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working on 1st of February 2020 (preparation courses, followed by at least two to three years’ work within the project with the option of extension).
Please apply online (letter of motivation and CV) latest by 17th of November 2019.
An assessment centre as part of the selection process is planned to be scheduled on December 9th-12th. In case of any questions, please feel free to contact Mr Christian Gülisch at guelisch@forumZFD.de.
Please find further information about our organisation and our assignments online at www.forumZFD.de. This job advertisement as well as further employment postings can be viewed at www.forumZFD.de/jobs
We are looking forward to your application!
|End of Job Application|