Who we are
forumZFD supports people involved in conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence. forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany as well as ten other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates civil peace policy. forumZFD is recognised by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
Down to the present day, there has been no systematic dealing with the recent (especially Khmer Rouge) history in Cambodia. In addition, the public discourse on the past rarely includes the experiences and perceptions of ethnic and religious minorities groups. The inadequate knowledge and learning from the past in combination with scarce capacities of non-violent conflict transformation bears a risk of increasing tension, mistrust and division between different communities of Cambodian society.
With its team of Cambodian and international staff, forumZFD has started capacity development activities with selected members of the Khmer majority and different minority groups. The aim is that by providing capacities in non-violent conflict transformation, mutual trust, understanding and respect will be built between different communities in Battambang that will contribute to a more inclusive and peaceful Cambodian society as a whole. One important group we cooperate with is the youth.
We offer an attractive position with responsibilities for a minimum of two years (with the option of extension) in a growing organization. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course. As the position is based on the German Development Aid Workers Act (EhfG), it is restricted to citizens of the EU. The position is remunerated according to the provisions of this law, including comprehensive social security benefits and financial reintegration assistance upon return. Working for forumZFD, you will be engaged within the innovative field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding through contributing your ideas and skills.
Your tasks and responsibilities
As a Project Manager you are responsible for the planning, implementing, impact monitoring and financial controlling of projects and activities focusing on capacity development in conflict transformation for different groups and institutions (e.g. youth, minority groups, educational institution) in the province of Battambang and possibly neighboring provinces.
In detail, your tasks and duties will include
- Conceptualization and implementation of forumZFD's work in the area of capacity development in the field of peace education and conflict transformation (workshops, trainings, dialogue programs), together with the existing project teams in Battambang and in close cooperation with partner organisations and institutions
- Implementation of internal monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems
- Selection and documentation of experiences and „lessons learned“ out of activities and projects, for internal documentation and evaluation
- Frequent visits to local partners to consult the implementation of the project activities
- Developing of structures and networks to ensure the sustainability of the project
- Supporting the administrative and financial management of activities
- Contributing to the further development of the forumZFD program in Cambodia
- Completed vocational training and/or university degree in social science, political science, regional studies Southeast Asia, psychology or similar
- Qualification in methods of nonviolent/civil conflict transformation, working with different actors (youth, educational institutions, or minorities), experience in designing and conducting trainings in the wider field of conflict transformation and peace building is desirable
- Several years of work experience acquired abroad in the Civil Peace Service and/or development cooperation, if possible in Southeast Asia
- Proven experience in project management and team leading
- Strong capacity for strategic and conceptual thinking
- Experience in knowledge, financial and administrative management of projects, including reporting
- Intercultural skills to work and live in the Southeast Asian context, ability to respond flexibly to changes in the work environment
- Good relationship management and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders
- Fluency in English (project language), both spoken and written and skills in Khmer (desirable)
- Sound knowledge of computer applications; driver's license and driving experience
- Citizenship of a member state of the European Union
Start of your assignment
by 1st of March2020 or later including the preparation period in Germany and the induction phase on location. The contract is offered for at least two years with the further option of extension.
Please apply in English online (letter of motivation and CV, relevant letters of reference and 2-3 reference persons) latest by 24th of November 2019.
An assessment centre as part of the selection process is scheduled on December 9 – 11, in Brühl, close to Cologne. In case of any questions, please feel free to contact Mr Sven Reuter at reuter@forumZFD.de.
Please find further information about our organization and our assignments online at www.forumZFD.de. This job advertisement as well as further employment postings can be viewed at www.forumZFD.de/jobs
We are looking forward to your application!
|End of Job Application|