We are looking for a Program Officer to join our dedicated team in Davao starting 1st of March 2019.
The successful candidate will directly report to the Program Manager. As part of the team implementing forumZFD's overall conflict transformation program, she / he will work in direct cooperation and collaboration with and provide support to other team members. The tasks, as listed below, are a combination of independent content-based work on cross-cutting issues relevant to the program as a whole, support to the project teams in carrying out conflict transformation activities, and supporting program-level staff (the Program Manager and the PM&E Coordinator in particular) in their management, planning, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting tasks.
- Conduct applied peace research, with the guidance of the Program Manager, on topics identified in consultation with the Program Manger and Project Managers;
- support the planning and design of conflict transformation activities based on the findings of applied peace research;
- coordinate and take a leading role in ongoing project activities with partners on various issues, including dialogue platforms for civil society organizations in conflict-affected areas;
- collaborate with other forumZFD area teams in the implementation of the overall conflict transformation program;
- conduct public outreach: manage forumZFD Philippines’s Facebook page and website. Develop a public outreach strategy, support projects with the writing and uploading of new content and news updates on website and Facebook;
- assist the PM&E Officer in knowledge management and carry out other PM&E-related tasks as needed;
- assist the Program Manager in:
- conceptualizing, planning, and preparing, and reviewing program activities related to conflict transformation and internal functions of the organization, such as workshops, trainings and meetings;
- documenting program activities and write reports, proposals, and analyses;
- in implementing the organization’s security plan, including the preparation of drills and trainings, and editing the weekly news digest;
- University degree (minimum BA, ideally MA/MSC or similar) preferably in the social sciences, community development, or related fields;
- strong ability to analyze peace and conflict related developments from different perspectives and to put them in a broader context;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- strong interest in project development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation (following a conflict-sensitive approach);
- good networking skills and experience in facilitating networks;
- ability to work effectively and inclusively with people from different cultural backgrounds, various hierarchical levels, and with different viewpoints;
- two years of working experience in a (preferably multi-cultural) team environment;
- proven experience in being the responsible team member for designing and implementing tasks and projects in difficult circumstances;
- strong personal commitment to nonviolent conflict transformation;
- proficiency in computer-based word processing, spreadsheet and presentation, preferably also knowledge of open source programs – respectively readiness to acquire the needed skills;
- willingness and ability to travel within the Philippines and overseas related to work assignments, and to work flexible working hours;
- high tolerance for ambiguity;
- EU citizenship is required for this position.
Distinct advantages would be:
- Fluency in German;
- knowledge of a local language (Visayan, Tagalog, or other);
- knowledge of negotiation and mediation;
- experience in working in the Philippines and/or other developing countries;
- familiarity with Philippine history, politics, society, and culture;
- Valid license and driving experience is an asset.
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working on 1st of March 2019 (preparation courses, followed by at least two to three years’ work within the program with the option of extension).
Please apply online at the application surface below latest by December 9, 2018.
An assessment centre as part of the selection process is scheduled on January 22-24. 2019. In case of any questions, please feel free to contact Ms Leandra Mueller at email@example.com.
Please find further information about our organization and our assignments online at www.forumZFD.de.
We are looking forward to your application!
|End of Job Application|