We are looking for a PM&E Officer to join our dedicated team
in Ukraine starting on 15 October 2019
Who we are
forumZFD supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence. forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany, as well as ten other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates civil peace policy. forumZFD is recognized by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
Currently, forumZFD in Ukraine operates through its offices in Kyiv and Odesa and works with Ukrainian partners in the fields of civil conflict transformation and peace building.
Your tasks and responsibilities
The Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is responsible for providing leadership, technical support and capacity building on planning, monitoring and evaluation for the forumZFD programme in Ukraine. The position works in close coordination with the PME Advisor in forumZFD Head Office (HO) in Cologne, as well as PME coordinators in other country programmes. The PM&E Officer will coach, capacitate and support the forumZFD team, as well as partners to understand and apply PM&E for peace building and ensure effective programming.
Specific tasks include:
- Support the further development and implementation of forumZFD PM&E standards in close cooperation with the PM&E advisor in the HO and the Country Director, as well as the Desk Officer for Ukraine located in the HO.
- Support the programme team in the implementation of forumZFD PM&E, e.g. facilitating and documenting annual planning processes, further developing the monitoring system on programme- and project level.
- Implementing monitoring processes at programme- and project level, ensure regular data collection and reflection on it.
- Capacitate, train and support partners of forumZFD in Ukraine in PM&E for Peacebuilding.
- Support the Country Director and Project Managers in writing reports (content, wording and formulation), and file the respective documentation.
- Supporting the introduction of forumZFD PM&E standards to programme staff.
- Regular participation in calls and meetings of forumZFD’s PM&E team.
- Support the development of a knowledge management system for the programme.
- Contribute in the development of donor reports in coordination with the programme team and develop the report writing capacity of forumZFD programme staff in Ukraine.
- Ensure that there is a strong narrative and coherence around the programme/project’s activities, and the outputs and outcomes the programme/project is trying/able to achieve.
- Take leadership role and execute any research and M&E assignments advised by the Country Director and PME Adviser.
Reports to: Country Director and the PME Adviser in the Head Office.
- Advanced degree in social science, economics, peacebuilding, management, international development or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ related work in PM&E for Peacebuilding in an international context, preferably in conflict areas..
- Strong understanding and experiences of peacebuilding programming
- Strong experiences of working with PM&E systems, monitoring methodologies and tools.
- High level of knowledge and skills of data visualization and presentation
- High quality data analysis and analytical report writing skills in English
- Demonstrated experiences of carrying out quantitative surveys and qualitative data collection and report writing
- Experience in facilitating workshops and trainings
- Previous experience in coaching and capacity building of individuals and teams.
- Strong leadership, management and organizational skills with good understanding of motivating and working with cross-cultural teams.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and procedures, and able to meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- A high level of personal efficiency, and an ability to balance multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of Ukrainian and/ or Russian is an asset.
- EU citizenship is required for this position.
We offer an attractive position with responsibilities for a minimum of two years in a growing organization. As the position is based on the German Development Aid Workers Act (EHfG), it is restricted to citizens of the EU and Switzerland. The position is remunerated according to the provisions of this law, including comprehensive social security benefits and financial reintegration assistance upon return. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course.
Working for forumZFD, you will work within the innovative field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding through contributing your ideas and skills.
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working on 15 October 2019 (preparation courses, followed by at least two years’ work within the programme with the option of extension).
The deadline for applications is 25 August 2019.
Interviews are planned to be scheduled in the week of 16-20 of September 2019.
In case of any questions, please feel free to contact Ms. Hannah Landwehr at landwehr@forumZFD.de.
We are looking forward to your application!
|End of Job Application|