We are looking for a Junior Project Coordinator to join our dedicated team in the Philippines starting 1st of April 2019.
Under the overall supervision of the forumZFD Program Manager the successful candidate will be directly accountable to the Project Manager. As part of the team implementing forumZFD's overall Conflict Transformation Program, she /he will work in direct cooperation and collaboration with and provide support to other team members. The tasks, as listed below, are a combination of independent content-based work on Mindanao History project, support to the project team in carrying out other peace education related projects, and contributing to local conflict-transformation activities.
- Coordinate and take a leading role in the Mindanao History project, which aims at the integration of Mindanao history in the national history curriculum of the Philippines. The main activity is the accompaniment of a working group consisting of representatives of NGOs, academe and governmental institutions;
- support partner incentives for the promotion of Mindanao History, for example the development of teaching, informational, and advocacy materials;
- perform other project-related tasks as may be assigned by the Project Manager, particularly supporting other peace education projects, such as the assisting in the organization of training weeks and conferences;
- contribute to the development of a new project aiming at conflict-transformation in Davao City and/or Region XI;
- participate in constant reflection and enhancement, with a conflict transformation perspective, of project team dynamics and performance;
- carry out PM&E-related activities as needed.
- University degree (minimum BA, ideally MA/MSC or similar) preferably in the social sciences, community development, or related fields;
- 2-3 years relevant work experience in peace education related to transitional justice and/or dealing with the past;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- good networking skills and experience in facilitating networks consisting of a diversity of institutions;
- ability to work effectively and inclusively with people from different cultural backgrounds, various hierarchical levels, and with different viewpoints;
- strong personal commitment to nonviolent conflict transformation;
- proficiency in computer-based word processing, spreadsheet and presentation, preferably also knowledge of open source programs – respectively readiness to acquire the needed skills;
- willingness and ability to travel within the Philippines and overseas related to work assignments, and to work flexible working hours;
- high tolerance for ambiguity;
- EU citizenship is required for this position.
Distinct advantages would be:
- Knowledge of a local language (Visayan, Tagalog, or other) and/or German;
- knowledge of managing dialogue processes and mediation;
- experience in working in the Philippines and/or other developing countries;
- working experience in a (preferably multi-cultural) team environment;
- familiarity with Philippine history, politics, society, and culture;
- Valid license and driving experience is an asset.
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working on 1st of April 2019 (preparation courses, followed by at least two to three years’ work within the project with the option of extension).
Please apply online at at the application surface below (letter of motivation and CV) latest by December 9, 2018.
An Assessment Centre as part of the selection process is scheduled on January 22-24 2019. In case of any questions, please feel free to contact Leandra Müller at lmueller@forumZFD.de.
Please find further information about our organization and our assignments online at www.forumZFD.de.
We are looking forward to your application!
|End of Job Application|