ForumZFD supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence. We are currently working with peace consultants in Germany, as well as eleven other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Our Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, we actively advocate civil peace policy. ForumZFD thereby follows a systemic approach to conflict transformation that views conflict and its progression as a complex system and deals with its structural causes, as well as the actions, the behavior and the attitudes of the involved parties.
ForumZFD is recognized by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. Our work is financed through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
Rationale of the assignment
ForumZFD is currently working in eleven countries worldwide through the Civil Peace Service. Twice a year programme staff from Head Office in Cologne, Germany and Regional and Country Directors from the country programmes meet at the Programme Exchange (ProX) to discuss and work on management, leadership and strategical issues for the program department of forum ZFD.
A preparation group with members of Head Office and country programs has the lead in preparing the selected topics and define the objectives of the different sessions.
The next ProX will be held in Odessa, Ukraine from 02. May – 06. May 2022. The ProX will be attended by approx. 20 persons. For this ProX (and maybe also the following one) we are looking for a facilitator who will facilitate and document the workshop.
Following tasks have to be fulfilled under this assignment:
- Preparation of ProX according to set topics and in consultation with the preparation group
- Facilitation/Moderation of the ProX. If travelling is not possible (due to Covid-19 regulations), the ProX may be held online or in a hybrid format.
- Documentation of the ProX
Time frame of the assignment
Working assignment for 2021 and 2022:
- Preparation of the ProX in coordination with the preparation group from December 2021 to April 2022.
- Facilitation of the ProX from 02 May to 06 May 2022.
- There is a possibility that a second ProX will take place in the second half of 2022.
Team affiliation or other affiliations
The consultant/facilitator is generally supervised, affiliated to and guided by the Board Member for Programmes and Qualification at the forumZFD Head Office in Cologne, Germany.
Profile and eligibility criteria of the consultant/ trainer
- Several years of experience facilitating and moderating diverse and intercultural workshops and conferences
- Experience with the facilitation of online conferences and workshop
- Several years’ work experience within the NGO-sector
- Several years of work experience in an inter-cultural setting
- Fluency in English
Submission of proposals
All qualified consultants are invited to submit an offer or expression of interest (in English) to conduct this consultancy for forumZFD. Please include a cover letter explaining your motivation, working approach(es) and why you are most suitable for this work, your CV, a detailed methodology, your remuneration expectation and information on your availability.
For further information, you may contact Mr. Alexander Mauz (mauz@forumZFD.de). We look forward to receiving your expression of interest by 30 November 2021. Please apply online at https://www.forumzfd.de/en/jobs via our application form.
English information about our programmes is provided at forumZFD.org
|End of Job Application|