3 Self-Paced PM&E On demand Courses
forumZFD supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence. We are currently working with peace consultants in Germany, as well as eleven other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Our Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, we actively advocate civil peace policy. ForumZFD thereby follows a systemic approach to conflict transformation that views conflict and its progression as a complex system and deals with its structural causes, as well as the actions, the behavior and the attitudes of the involved parties.
forumZFD is recognized by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. Our work is financed through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
Rationale of the assignment
During the last years, forumZFD has defined its own PM&E system, which is based on Outcome Mapping, and covers also other approaches and methodologies. To strengthen staff in this system, there is the need to train new and already contracted staff on all different steps from programme and project design to evaluation, which should include a Systemic Conflict Analysis, a programme / project design based on forumZFD´s Outcome Mapping adapted approach and Do no Harm. As forumZFD selects between 10-15 international peace workers plus around 10 local contracted staff per year, all three courses should be offered at least once maybe even twice a year. These trainings introduce new staff to forumZFD´s system, and offer at the same time to already contracted staff the opportunity to improve its knowledge. These are no classic live online trainings but online trainings that participants can complete at their own pace, in this case mainly during two weeks. Over a period of two weeks, but with additional access to the material afterwards, the participants can read through the material, work on tasks and exchange ideas with each other in a platform. This time is accompanied by a kick-off and refection sessions with the trainer in the group.
The first self-paced on demand courses for all three topics should take place between October and December 2021, the target group is forumZFD contracted staff from all forumZFD programmes, this includes from Country and Regional Director to administrative and finance staff. Each course should not be offered to more than 12 people.
Time frame of the assignment
Two weeks per course, including at least one joint reflection session with all participants.
- Preparation: 3 days per module
- Follow-up during the course: 2 days (chat, follow-up questions of the participants, etc.)
- Follow-up after the course: 0,5 day (reflection about process, lessons learned and feedback to forumZFD for similar training modules)
- Course order: Systemic Conflict Analysis, forumZFD´s PM&E Approach based on Outcome Mapping, Do no Harm.
The continuation of the courses in form of regularly held self-paced on demand online trainings from 2022 to 2024 is aimed.
Team affiliation or other affiliations
The trainer is generally supervised, affiliated to and guided by the PM&E Manager at the forumZFD Head Office in Cologne, Germany.
Scope of Work
As PM&E is an important topic for all staff, not only for certain positions, it is important to sensitize all staff for the methodologic approach applied by forumZFD. At the same time, PM&E should not only be seen as a tool or approach, but also as a mindset which requires cross-cutting topics, such as human rights and gender, and an individual reflection about what we as individual person and as organisation bring into a conflict context. Each course should take this into consideration and focus at the same time on the individual aspects of each topic:
- Systemic Context Analysis (SCA):
- Main steps of a SCA
- Challenges facing while elaborating a SCA
- forumZFD´s PM&E approach:
- Focus on the Planning phase (from Vision to strategy maps, based on Outcome Mapping)
- PM&E more than a tool, creating a mindset
- Do no Harm
- All steps of the Do no Harm Approach
- Do no Harm – more than ticking boxes
- Do no Harm, SCA and Outcome Mapping – where are they linked?
The trainer should focus on these topics, and be able to facilitate a reflection session, answer comments from the participants on the online platform and during the reflection session and elaborate adequate tools to motivate participants for the online and self-paced modality.
Although it is an online training course, reading material, concrete case studies, practical exercises and exchange between the participants through chat or other functions should be covered in the proposal. Each course should be realized by the participants during the general working hours, they should not spend more than 10 hours / week plus four hours for a joint reflection session on the training.
Profile and eligibility criteria of the trainer
- At least 5 years experience in implementing PM&E approaches in peace and conflict transformation programmes and projects (especially, Outcome Mapping and Do no Harm) together with partner organisations.
- Experience in virtual and on demand self-paced training facilitation (at least 5 concrete examples to be mentioned), including participatory and creative methods.
- Concrete examples to show ability to elaborate videos / media which are included in the self-paced course.
- At least 5 years experience in the work with international and intercultural teams and NGOs.
- Knowledge about the Civil Peace Service and its work in general.
- Fluent in English.
Submission of proposals
All qualified trainers are invited to submit an offer or expression of interest (in English) to conduct this self-paced on demand online training for forumZFD. Please include a cover letter explaining your motivation, working approach(es) and why you are most suitable for this work, your CV, a detailed methodology (facilitation approach, sensitizing for Outcome Mapping) of how to conduct and design the training, your remuneration expectation and information on your availability.
For further information, you may contact Lisa Picott (picott@forumZFD.de). We look forward to receiving your expression of interest by July 30, 2021. Please send your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about our organization and our assignments can also be found on our website www.forumZFD.de. English information about our programs is provided under www.forumZFD.org.
|End of Job Application|