Position/Title: Finance Officer
Duty Station: Davao City
Estimated Starting Date: 01 November 2018
Term of Employment: from 01 November 2018 t 31 December 2019 - with option to extend
forumZFD is present in Mindanao since 2008, and maintains a program office in Davao City, area offices in Davao City, Butuan City and Cotabato City. All programs and projects seek to address causes of conflicts around protracted economic, social and cultural marginalization through skills trainings, work with networks and media, studies, organizing platforms for dialogues and other events.
forumZFD ensures appropriate financial systems and procedures (Cash management, budgeting and other related financial management) are in place to properly disburse,account, budget and report program funds which are cost effective, timely and have proper internal control.
Under the overall supervision of the forumZFD Program Manager, forumZFD is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and performing professional for the position of Finance Officer. The Finance Officer shall be responsible to oversee the management of financial and reporting functions for the forumZFD Program/projects to ensure compliance with the organization‘s policy. He/She shall seek direction from and report to the forumZFD Program Manager.
The successful applicant‘s duties will include, but is not limited to;
- Oversees the financial requirements of the Program and Project offices andprovide a full-range of task oriented financial functions to Program/Project offices.
- To be responsible for the Program/project financial budgeting, monitoring and accounting /bookkeeping tasks.
- To carry out effective internal control in accordance with forumZFD‘s financial policies and guidelines.
- To be responsible for the monitoring of the Program /project‘s fund and bank accounts.
- To be responsible for planning and coordination of submission of all financial reports and reconciliations.
- Provide assistance, support and work with the three (3) project offices;
- Coordinates closely with the Head Office Finance Department based in Germany;
- Ensures that proper implementation of forumZFD financial guidelines and procedures is observed by all Program/project staff.
- Accomplish other support functions and duties as maybe assigned by the Program Manager and Project Managers.
Your profile and qualifications:
- Graduate of BS Accountancy, Management Accounting or any accounting or finance related courses;
- At least 2 years experience in the financial and accounting related field or related experience in a similar position;
- With key experience on financial reporting and consolidation;
- Has broad understanding of financial and accounting principle and application;
- Proficient in computer-based word processing,spreadsheet and presentation; (knowledgeable in web applications is an advantage)
- Demonstrated experience in planning and organizational skills;
- Excellent in written and oral communication skills (English, Cebuano& Tagalog)
- Can operate basic office equipment such as telephone, fax and photocopier.
- Willingness to work in an international organization, in a multicultural working team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Highly responsible,dynamic, trustworthy,organized, creative and team player.
Please send your application letter, curriculum vitae includinging references and photo (any size) via email to the Admin officer, Hope Abayon, email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 30 September, 2018. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified via email and/or phone and will be scheduled for an interview which will be conducted first half of October, 2018.