Your tasks and responsibilities
As finance-admin officer, you will work on all administrative and financial aspects of the program, supported and supervised by the Regional Director. Tasks include planning, implementation and documentation of the finance and admin work according to the internal (forumZFD) guidelines, the guidelines of the BMZ (the German Ministry of Cooperation and Development) and the Israeli and Palestinian local regulations.
Specific tasks of this position include:
- Revise and present financial documents in an accurate and timely manner;
- Check the eligibility of expenditures and prepare payments (contracts, orders, invoices, delivery note, contracting procedure);
- Responsible for the transfer of cash from the bank to the office and for ensuring the security of all project funds;
- Preparation of support documents and reporting on financial process of the office;
- Follow up suppliers and service provision contracts including car rental;
- Effective and qualitative management of procurement;
- Keeping inventories of all office and project related goods;
- Responsible for the human resource administration of the program staff (e.g. local salaries, tax and social security);
- Track and follow up on the human resource files (especially sick leaves, annual leaves, duty trip requests);
- Logistics for the office, staff and project related matters;
- Supporting and keeping track of the routines (Call for Money, Money Shuffling, Bank reconciliation);
- Manage, record and reconcile the cash flow and forecasting;
- Support the program manager in all financial and admin matters;
- Training the staff on specific financial themes according to the forumZFD regulation and requirements;
- Train the program partner CBOs and NGOs on related financial subjects when needed;
- Working with other program staff to meet deadlines;
- Other tasks assigned by the program manager.
- Educated to degree standard (at least Bachelor’s degree),
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience, ideally in the civil society sector;
- Knowledge and experience with local financial and administrative regulations and institutions;
- Experience working with national and international NGOs and CBOs;
- Ability to work under pressure as part of a team and to build strong working relationships and high level of flexibility;
- Fluent in written and spoken Arabic and Hebrew;
- Good written and spoken English; capacity to produce report in English;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Excellent training skills and ability to learn new training tools;
- Have the interest to work with communities and CBOs;
- Ability to work well in own initiative and self-organised and complete tasks on time;
- Open to learn and develop;
- Commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity;
- Commitment to non-violence;
- Drivers licence and readiness to move occasionally within Jerusalem and Ramallah districts.
Participation in a growing organisation with remuneration based on the forumZFD salary scales, including opportunities for capacity development, social security benefits and all legal obligations as per Israeli labour law. As a finance/admin manager, you will take on a responsible position within the innovative field of civil conflict transformation, community development and peacebuilding. You will contribute with your skills to the team-oriented working environment, working closely with a team of local and international employees.
Start of assignment:
Ideally, you are available to start your contract on June 1st 2019 or even earlier (initial contract period: 1 year with the option for extension).
Please send your application (letter of motivation and CV) stating clearly the title of this position “Finance-Admin Manager” to thanner@forumZFD.de latest by 31.05.2019. The interviews are ongoing until the most suitable candidate could be selected.
Please find further information about our organization and our assignments online at www.forumZFD.de.
We are looking forward to your application!