Deadline: 30.09.2020, earlier submissions are encouraged; assessment on a rolling basis
Range of funding per application: 2.000 to 12.000 USD, Maximum Duration: 6 months
Area: Lebanon. Projects aiming at recovery after the Beirut explosion will be prioritised
Funding Information: forumZFD offers two options: 1) funding to groups and organisations and/or 2) provision of expertise in the below subject areas
OPTION 1: forumZFD invites organisations and groups to submit proposals for initiatives and projects within the following areas of work:
A. Conflict Transformation, Dialogue and Prevention of Violent Conflict: grassroot and community initiatives for peace and conflict transformation, dialogue sessions to bridge divides, mediation, Nonviolent Communication, countering hate-speech, bullying and discrimination, and related activities,
B. Social Change & Community Mobilizing: Initiatives aiming at organising and mobilizing communities, social change and political innovation, accountability, transparency, inclusion and participation, civic education, promotion of multi-perspectivity, evidence-based communication, awareness raising of public policy; as well as communities coming together for grassroots-driven change, communal service, and volunteerism,
C. Psychosocial Support and Trauma integration: initiatives aiming at creating safe spaces for individuals and communities to recover from traumatic experiences, tensions, and conflict; initiatives aimed at (re-) establishment of spaces that foster community exchanges, encounters, and psychological well-being.
OPTION 2: forumZFD invites organisations and groups to apply for support by forumZFD Lebanon staff and affiliated experts. This option might be particularly useful if the applicant wants to address a need but does not have the expertise or the finances to do so. Applicants can apply to receive support from experts in the following fields:
A. Conflict Sensitivity & Do No Harm: planning and review of projects or programs for NGOs or other development or relief initiatives to ensure projects are integrating do no harm principles,
B. Conflict transformation including through mediation, dialogue, Nonviolent Communication for groups who want to address tensions or improve their internal or external communication,
C. Provision of psychosocial support, including facilitation of psychosocial support groups, empathy and listening sessions including through Nonviolent Communication,
D. Community mobilising/organising: facilitation of community meetings and processes, facilitation of planning and strategy processes, and mentoring for organisers and mobilisers,
E. Sustainability and Strategic Planning: planning and review of projects or programmes for NGOs, movements or other development or relief initiatives to support strategic planning and sustainability of interventions.
Process and Timeline:
- Deadline for application: 30 September 2020 (earlier submissions welcome). Please submit your application through the following link: https://nextcloud.forumzfd.de/apps/forms/yezTL8MRd4AQZBGc. All proposals are expected to be submitted in English. If you require assistance with this, please contact us.
- Shortlisted applications will be responded to by latest 10 October 2020.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited for online- or face to face meetings by latest 20 October 2020 to discuss open questions and details of implementation, finance, reporting, public relations etc.
- Projects that aim at inclusiveness, participation, gender equality, conflict sensitivity and do no harm, and sustainability will be prioritised.
- A reporting and communications structure will be agreed upon by forumZFD and the applicants once the initial proposal has been reviewed.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please find attached the Call for Proposals!