Tasks and responsibilities
As Project Coordinator-Mentor in the Community Mobilizing project, you will contribute to the development and implementation of a new project as part of the forumZFD programme in Lebanon. The project team is an international team of three, working with two local partners. Building on the experiences of two previous projects (Future Together Now 1 and Future Together Now 2) this project is planned to be launched at the beginning of 2021.
Within this project, you will empower activists and their communities to address and transform conflicts in a constructive and peaceful way. You support network and exchange of knowledge within the team and with other actors in the field, first and foremost with the local partner organizations.
Specific tasks within the project work
- Support and mentor local community activists working with our partners using conflict transformation and community mobilization tools to address conflicts and reduce tensions in their communities.
- Contribute to the development of the project concept, its training and mentoring measures on conflict transformation, and Community Mobilizing;
- Frequent partner visits to the project locations for mentoring, follow-up and supporting the implementation of the project;
- Prepare and facilitate workshops with the team for partners and trainees;
- Support participatory processes within the team and with partners;
- Involvement in conflict-sensitive project planning, implementation of forumZFD’s internal monitoring system and reporting processes (PME);
- Development of structures and networks to ensure the project’s sustainability;
- Support administrative/financial aspects of project implementation and reporting;
- Translation during meetings and field visits and occasionally project documents;
- Several years of experience in community work, conflict transformation or in development cooperation;
- Experience in working with the community, in the field and with local (partner) organizations;
- Preferably University degree in a relevant field;
- Knowledge of the situation and context of the country;
- Knowledge of methods, concepts and tools of nonviolent/civil conflict transformation and conflict sensitivity (DNH);
- Experience in mentoring or coaching and facilitation;
- Creative thinking, be open to create and try new tools and approaches;
- Ability to work in a team and strong intercultural sensitivity;
- Very good written and spoken command of English and Arabic;
- Willingness to undertake regular, time-consuming trips to different regions of Lebanon as the situation allows, in exceptional cases also on weekends;
- Strong ability to work under time pressure;
- Competency in using IT applications;
- Driving license and driving experience.
We offer an attractive position with responsibilities for a minimum of one year (with a chance of extension) in a growing organization. The remuneration is based on a salary scale (2000USD per month) including comprehensive social security benefits, transportation and private medical insurance for the time of employment. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course. Working for forumZFD, you will be engaged within the innovative field of conflict transformation and peace building through contributing your ideas and skills, in a friendly working atmosphere where team spirit is held in high regard.
How to apply
Ideally, you are available to start your contract on 15.02.2021 (initial contract period: one year with the option of extension).
Please send your most recent CV and a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Call for Applications-Project Coordinator/Mentor) by 04.01.2021.
The letter of motivation should indicate why you are interested in applying for this position, the qualifications that make you a suitable candidate for this position, in addition to why you are interested in working for forumZFD.
You are also asked to fill the form in here
In case of questions, please feel free to contact Zeina Majzoub, Project Manager Community Mobilizing (email@example.com).
Only applications with CV, letter of motivation and the requested form will be taken into consideration.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!