The 8th issue of Balkan.Perspectives examines why dealing with the past should be taken into account when talking about education. We are looking at how nationalism is being spread through the schools and universities but want to also present best practice examples of how formal and non-formal education institutions are promoting inclusive ways of remembrance.
You can subscribe for the electronic version of the magazine by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This issue of Balkan.Perspectives deals with the following topics:
- Historija? Istorija? Povijest? – Teaching a subject with three different names
- Multiperspectivity – sowing the seeds of reconciliation
- When paranoia and propaganda lead education
- A chance to develop critical thinking
- History textbooks and dealing with the past in Serbia
- Studies of cultural memory as a starting point to deal with the past
- Living to talk about it
- Multiethnic education is necessary from the earliest age