We are looking for a Regional Director (m/f/d) for Finance and Administration for our regional program in the Western Balkans starting from 1st May 2020.
Forum Ziviler Friedensdienst e.V. (forumZFD, Forum Civil Peace Service) supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence.
forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany as well as ten other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD also actively advocates civil peace policies.
forumZFD is recognised by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
Your tasks and responsibilities
Currently the programme is being implemented by a team of approx. 30 staff members working in a regional office in Belgrade and four country offices in Belgrade, Prishtina, Skopje, and Sarajevo.
As a member of the Regional Management Team (including four Country Directors in the region and the Desk Officer in Cologne) for the entire Western Balkans programme you are responsible for the financial and administrative coordination and management of the programme at the regional level. Within this team you also contribute to overseeing the implementation and further strategic development of the programme.
As Regional Director you are also in charge of the Regional Office team working to ensure meeting financial and human resource requirements of the program at a regional level and to support and coordinate cross-cutting program issues (such as fundraising, PM&E, and communications). Tasks of yourself and your team also require close cooperation with various departments in the Head Office of forumZFD in Cologne, Germany. Therefore, for this position extensive travel throughout the region and worldwide is necessary.
Specific tasks and responsibilities of this position include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Oversee all tasks related to financial planning, bookkeeping, and controlling of projects and budget allocation of the entire programme
- Coordinate and finalise all financial reports to the Head Office in Cologne (particularly involving annual audit reports, semi-annual budget reports)
- Be involved in the further development and implementation of third-party fundraising
Human Resources and Administration
- Oversee the operational management of the Regional Office in Belgrade (including legal representation of forumZFD in Serbia, financial management, human resource management, and overseeing administration, facility, and technical requirements of the office)
- Maintain quality assurance related to applying forumZFD internal standards and procedures and fulfilling national legal requirements for the employment of local staff in all programme countries
- Support all matters concerning legal registration of program and country offices and the fulfilment of other legal obligations necessary for the implementation of the program
- Ensure the application of forumZFD security requirements for staff in all programme countries
Planning, Monitoring & and Evaluation (PM&E)
- Support all planning and monitoring processes at the regional program level
- Contribute to the development and implementation of tools and guidelines to ensure professional knowledge management within the Western Balkans program and forumZFD as an organization
Communication / Public Relations
- Support the implementation of communication and public relations strategies of the Western Balkans program in the region and in Germany
- Represent the Western Balkans program of forumZFD to stakeholders within and outside the region
- Advanced university degree with a minimum of 6 years of work experience in project or program management in the fields of conflict transformation, development cooperation abroad, or programs involving work with civil society or (civil society) associations and NGOs
- Experience in the fields of financial management, human resource management, and organisational development
- Acquired knowledge in applying requirements and regulations related to the use of governmental funding from the Federal Republic of Germany and/or larger international organizations and related experience in third-party fundraising
- Practical experience in the implementation of methods and standards for project and/or program planning, monitoring, and evaluation
- Competent in the use of IT applications, including IT-systems and tools applied for financial management and knowledge management
- Familiar with use of social media, websites, and other online-portals for presenting and exchanging information among internal teams and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and spoken command of English and German languages, good knowledge of one or more languages in the Western Balkans is desirable
- Proven understanding of the political and social environments within the region, experience in living and working in South Eastern Europe is desirable
- Proven capacity for strategic and conceptual thinking, strong non-violent communication and interpersonal leadership skills, including intercultural sensitivity
- Distinct ability to work in a team, under time pressure, and with colleagues and teams working (partly virtually) in various locations
- Ability to maintain a professional approach to matters of confidentiality and upmost discretion regarding employment-related issues
- EU citizenship is required for this position
As a Regional Director working for forumZFD, you will have the opportunity to apply your financial, administrative, and technical skills which enable the professional work of our teams within this innovative, dynamic, and inspiring field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding in the Western Balkans.
We offer an attractive position with responsibilities for a minimum of two years in a growing organization. Ideally, you are available to start working on 1st of May 2020 (preparation courses, followed by at least two years’ work within the project with the option of extension).
As the position is based on the German Development Aid Workers Act (EhfG), it is restricted to citizens of the EU. The position is renumerated according to the provisions of this law, including comprehensive social security benefits and financial reintegration assistance upon return. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course.
Please apply online (letter of motivation and CV) latest by March 15th 2020.
An assessment centre as part of the selection process is planned to take place from 15th to 17th of April, 2020 in Cologne (Germany). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for assessment centre. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Lara Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please find further information about our organization and our assignments online at www.forumZFD.de
This job advertisement as well as further employment postings can be viewed at www.forumZFD.de/jobsWe are looking forward to your application!