We are looking for a PM&E Advisor to join our dedicated team in Cambodia starting in December 2021
Who we are
forumZFD supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence. forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany, as well as ten other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates civil peace policy. forumZFD is recognized by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
To support this work and make it as sustainable and participatory as possible, forumZFD elaborated its own PM&E system based on Outcome Mapping. Outcome Mapping is a qualitative, participatory and process-oriented PM&E approach. Currently, forumZFD in Cambodia operates through its offices in Phnom Penh and in Battambang and works with Cambodian partners in the fields of civil conflict transformation and peace building.
Your tasks and responsibilities
The Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor is responsible for providing guidance, technical support and capacity building on planning, monitoring and evaluation for the forumZFD programme in Cambodia. The position works in close coordination with the Country Director in Cambodia and the PM&E Manager in the forumZFD Head Office (HO) in Cologne, as well as PM&E Advisor in other country programmes. The PM&E Advisor will coach, capacitate and support the forumZFD team, as well as partners to understand and apply PM&E for peacebuilding and ensure effective programming.
Specific tasks include:
- Support the further development and implementation of forumZFD PM&E standards in close cooperation with the PM&E Manager in the Head Office and the Country Director.
- Support the programme team in the implementation of forumZFD PM&E, e.g. facilitating and documenting annual planning processes, as well as further developing the monitoring system on programme and project level.
- Implementing monitoring processes at programme and project level to ensure that there is a strong coherence around the programme and projects’ activities.
- Ensure regular data collection, reflection on it and provide support in reports preparation.
- Capacitate, train and support partners of forumZFD, as well as forumZFD programme staff in Cambodia in PM&E.
- Design and facilitate participative process with diverse groups.
- Support the knowledge management process for the programme.
Reports to: Country Director and the PM&E Manager in the Head Office.
- Advanced degree in social sciences, peacebuilding, management, international development or other relevant fields.
- Minimum of 3 years’ related work in PM&E for peacebuilding or in a development cooperation context, preferably in conflict areas.
- Good understanding of peacebuilding programming.
- Strong experiences of working with PM&E systems, monitoring methodologies and tools.
- High level of knowledge and skills of data visualization and presentation.
- Fluency in English (oral and written) and high quality in analytical report writing in English.
- Demonstrated experiences of carrying out quantitative surveys and qualitative and participatory approaches, such as Outcome Mapping.
- Experience in facilitating workshops, training and capacity building, on PM&E and designing and facilitating participative process with diverse group.
- Strong management and organizational skills with good understanding of motivating and working with cross-cultural teams.
- Work independently but also cooperatively with team members.
- Work in intercultural and complex contexts, with a high level of experience in dealing ambiguity and tolerance.
- A high level of personal efficiency and an ability to balance multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of Khmer language would be an asset.
We offer an attractive position with responsibilities for a minimum of two years in a growing organization. The position is based on the German Development Aid Workers Act (EHfG). The position is remunerated according to the provisions of this law, including comprehensive social security benefits and financial reintegration assistance upon return. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course.
Working for forumZFD, you will work within the innovative field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding through contributing your ideas and skills.
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working on 1st of December 2021 (preparation courses, followed by at least two years contract with the option of extension).
Please send your application (letter of motivation, CV and contact details of 2-3 reference persons) to https://www.forumzfd.de/en/jobs latest by 22nd of August 2021.
A selection process (face–to-face or online) is scheduled for September 20 and 21, 2021. In case of any questions, please feel free to contact Mr. Sven Reuter at reuter@forumZFD.de.
Please find further information about our organisation and our assignments online at www.forumZFD.de. This job advertisement as well as further employment postings can be viewed at www.forumZFD.de/jobs.
We are looking forward to your application!