We are looking for a Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E) Advisor (m/f/d) to join our dedicated team in Jerusalem starting in April/May 2023
Who we are
forumZFD is an International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO), established in 1996. We are working in the field of conflict transformation in Europe, the Middle East, and South-East Asia.
Located in Jerusalem, forumZFD’s regional office works on projects in both Israel and Palestine since 1999. We work through partnerships with local civil society including NGOs, grassroots organizations, social movements, activists, and artists. Together we implement projects and activities in the fields of organizational development, community organizing and, media for social change. Our cooperation with partners is always needs-based and multidirectional, this way, we share responsibilities, knowledge, and resources. Within this framework, it is our vision to strengthen civil society actors and to contribute to societies that challenge fragmentation and promotes inclusive narratives.
forumZFD is recognized by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations, and membership fees.
Your tasks and responsibilities
The Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor is responsible for providing guidance, technical support, and capacity building on planning, monitoring and evaluation for the forumZFD program in ISR/PSE. The position works in close coordination with the PME Manager at the Head Office in Cologne, as well as PME Advisors in other country programs. The PM&E Advisor is under the direct supervision of the Regional Director and will coach, capacitate, and support the forumZFD team in Jerusalem as well as partners in understanding and applying PM&E methods to ensure effective programming.
Specific tasks include
- Support the further development and implementation of forumZFD’s PM&E standards in close cooperation with the PM&E manager in the HO and the Regional Director
- Support the program team in the implementation and facilitation of different PM&E processes
- Facilitate and document annual planning processes, utilize standard tools, and further developing the monitoring system on program and project level
- Implement monitoring processes at program and project level to ensure that these are in line with project objectives and the overall program strategy.
- Ensure regular data collection, and report preparation by supporting the project managers.
- Capacitate, train and support forumZFD’s regional office staff and partners in PM&E
- Support best practices and the knowledge management process for the program
- Advanced degree in social sciences, peacebuilding, management, international development or other relevant fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience, with a minimum of 3 years working expertise in PM&E, preferably within the peacebuilding cooperation context.
- Demonstrated experience of working in an international organization and good understanding of peacebuilding programming.
- Proven track record of working with PM&E systems, monitoring methodologies and tools, especially outcome mapping.
- High level of knowledge and skills of data visualization and presentation.
- Excellent analytical report writing skills in English.
- Professional working proficiency in English; Arabic and Hebrew language skills an asset.
- Demonstrated command in carrying out quantitative surveys and qualitative data collection.
- Strong experience in planning and carrying out the facilitation of workshops, training, and capacity building.
- Experience in working with multi-cultural teams.
- Solid proactive approach concerning the support of project staff and follow ups with supervisor.
- Good ability to work independently
- A high level of personal efficiency and an ability to balance multiple tasks.
- A strong commitment to forumZFD’s values and operating principles
- Demonstrated commitment to peace and the effort to work toward vibrant civil societies
- Concern for the needs of the vulnerable and disadvantaged people
- Sensitive to issues of gender and marginalized groups
- Proactive and emotionally mature with the ability to adapt to varying situations
- Results focused
- Creative and works with a participatory approach
- Team player and a capacity builder
- Honest and a strong sense of integrity
- Exhibit patience and persistence to develop relationships with different stakeholders
- High standard of professionalism and self-organizing capacities
We offer an attractive position with responsibilities in a growing organization. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses, among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation, as well as a base preparation, coaching sessions, and potential language course opportunities.
Working for forumZFD, you will be engaged within the innovative field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding through the utilization of your skills.
This position is based in Jerusalem.
Who is eligible?
All candidates (global post) who meet the detailed qualifications as mentioned in this announcement.
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working in April/May of 2023.
Please apply online on this page using the "Apply now" button, latest by February 15, 2023.
An online Assessment Center as part of the selection process is planned to be scheduled between 27th – 31st of March 2023. In case of any questions, you may contact Ala Omari at firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about our organisation and our assignments can be found online at www.forumZFD.de. This job advertisement as well as further employment postings can be viewed at www.forumZFD.de/jobs
We are looking forward to receiving your application